Setting up a Free Grab (product giveaway)
Giving away one of your products/services is a great way to make extra sales and increase awareness of your product/service.
The way it works is very simple. You just agree to give away a single copy of one of your approved products or services to one lucky PromoPit member, and we will showcase that product/service right on the front of the PromoPit website for everyone to see!
As PromoPit members (and prospective members) come to the site, they will see your product listed right there for FREE with a button for them to try and "grab" it. To learn more about how to "grab" these FREE product (which might help you to understand the way the process works), please refer to the documentation on "FREE products"
Obviously, with your product/service right there on the front page, you are going to get a lot of great exposure that is worth far more than the cost of giving away a free copy of your product ... but it gets a lot better than that!
You see, when you setup your Free Grab, you can choose to offer a special 24-hour discount (on that same product) to every member that tried to grab your FREE product while it was showcased, but didn't win! Now, although it is completely optional for you to offer this special discount at the end of your giveaway, we can't think of a more targeted audience to receive such an offer than a bunch of people that have expressed interest in your product already!
How to create that Free Grab ...
Creating a Free Grab couldn't be easier! You simply select one of your already approved products from the drop-down and then choose whether you want to offer the discount, and how big a discount you want to offer ... and that's it!
So, how about cost? Creating Free Grabs will cost you some credits, and the amount is based on how many Free Grabs are already in the queue. If you submit your Free Grab when the queue is low, then you could pay a very small amount, or even be allowed to submit your Free Grab for FREE (zero credits!)
When you submit your Free Grab, it will then be sent to our review team for approval and placement. As soon as we have approved your product and placed your Free Grab in the queue, you will see an estimated date for when your Free Grab will go live on the site. The reason it's still just an "estimated" date is because there is a still a chance that some shuffling may occur in the placements ... but as your Free Grab gets closer to going live, this "estimated date" will be locked in and will show as a confirmed date and time. You will also receive an email notification that your Free Grab has been scheduled to go live!
Please note: Even though your product may be approved in the marketplace, there is no guarantee that it will be approved as a Free Grab. The approval process for Free Grabs is separate because products must meet certain criteria to qualify as a Free Grab. Keep in mind that we are showcasing your product on the very front of the PromoPit website where potentially thousands of members will see it ... and with such limited space (and so many merchants wanting this space), we will approve products that are current, desirable, and of solid value before we approve products that don't meet those criteria. In other words ... give away something good! :)
Some keys points and tips to consider ...
- Give away something that people actually want and would pay for ... remember, the more desirable the product, the more people will try to grab it ... and if you selected to offer a discount to all those that didn't win the free copy, then this could easily translate into more sales!
- We will place products with a higher value in the Free Grab spot longer than products with a lower value. This does not necessarily refer to a dollar value, as some $50 products are considered more valuable than a product with a $100 price tag.
- The Free Grab platform is very popular with merchants because they get their product showcased on the front of the PromoPit website for potentially several hours. If this space were open to advertising, then it would cost quite a bit to put your ad there and get that kind of exposure! In other words ... claim your spot early since there might be quite a wait list!
- It's best to give away your TOP products ... don't try and give away tired old products because we likely won't even approve them, and remember, you could make a lot of sales off this if you do it properly!
The rules ...
- Only Standard and Pro merchants can create Free Grabs
- Your product must be approved and active for you to be able to select it as your giveaway product
- We approve Free Grabs separately from the markeplace. So, even though your product may be approved in the marketplace, it may not meet the criteria of a Free Grab product. If we do not approve your product, then you will be refunded the credits you paid
- It is advised that you NOT set your product back to draft in order to edit your product while it is being offered as a Free Grab item. When you set your product back to draft, it immediately removes your product from the marketplace and you will need to resubmit your product for approval which can take 24-48 hours. You will also lose your Free Grab placement and you will NOT be refunded the credits you paid. If you absolutely must edit your product, then please cancel the Free Grab first (which will refund the credits), and then proceed to set your product to draft and make your edit(s).
- It is recommended that you NOT create a promo for your product while it is being offered as a Free Grab ... keep in mind that we showcase your regular product price on the Free Grab platform, and so if you decide to have a promo for 95% off at that exact same time, then your Free Grab may not appear to be worth as much and this could have a negative impact on your results. It might be best to save that promo for another time when you are not getting the exposure that the Free Grab is supplying.
- If you choose to offer a 24-hour discount to all those that tried to grab your product (but didn't win), and your product happens to be on promo for a better deal during that time, then the cheaper price will be offered. So, although it's advised that you save your promo for another time, if your discount offer and promo happen to cross paths, we will make sure the member is offered the better deal so they don't feel cheated.